The League of Women Voters Minneapolis is co-sponsoring forums this fall with community organizations. The forums will include candidates for City Council representing Wards 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13.
The forum series is as follows:
The forum series and co-sponsors is as follows:
- Ward 1: Oct. 4. 2023, 7 to 8 pm; candidate meet & greet 6:30 to 7 pm; Northeast Recreation Center, 1530 Johnson St NE; Co-sponsors: Logan Park Neighborhood Association, Northeast Park Neighborhood Association, Waite Park Community Council
- Ward 3: Sept. 21, 6:30 to 7:30 pm, candidate meet & greet 6 to 6:30 pm; Minneapolis Central Library, 300 Nicollet Mall; Co-sponsors: Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association and North Loop Neighborhood Association
- Ward 3: Oct. 23, 7 to 8 pm, MCN6 Studios, 1229 2nd St NE; Co-sponsors: Marcy Holmes Neighborhood Association, Sheridan Neighborhood Association, St. Anthony West Neighborhood Association
- Ward 5: The video recording of this forum conducted on Aug. 24 is available for viewing at the League of Women Voters Minneapolis website (lwvmpls.org)
- Ward 4: Sept. 20, 6:30 to 7:30 pm, North Market Community Room, 4414 Humboldt Ave N; Co-sponsors: McKinley Community Council, Webber-Camden Neighborhood Organization
- Ward 6: Sept. 14, 7 to 8:30 pm, Brian Coyle Center, 420 15th Ave S; Co-sponsors: Ayada Leads, Cedar-Riverside Community Council, Elliot Park Neighborhood Inc., Make Voting a Tradition (NACDI), Seward Neighborhood Group
- Ward 7: Loring Park /Downtown Area– Sept. 28, 5:30 to 8 pm, The Woman’s Club of Minneapolis, 410 Oak Grove St; Co-sponsors: Citizens for a Loring Park Community (CLPC), Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association, The Woman’s Club of Minneapolis
- Ward 7 Neighborhood Area–Oct. 12, 7 to 8:30 pm, Lake of the Isles Lutheran Church, 2020 W Lake of the Isles Parkway; Co-sponsors: Kenwood Neighborhood Association, Hill and Lake Press, Cedar-Isles-Dean Neighborhood Association (CIDNA), West Maka Ska Neighborhood Council, Lowry Hill Neighborhood Association, East Isles Neighborhood Association
- Ward 8: Oct. 3, 7 to 8:30 pm, candidate meet & greet afterwards, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Center, 4055 Nicollet Ave S; Co-sponsors: Field Regina Northrop Neighborhood Group, Kingfield Neighborhood Association, Lyndale Neighborhood Association, Make Voting a Tradition (NACDI), Community Power MN, Ayada Leads
- Ward 10: Oct. 2, 6:30-8 pm, Abyssinian Cultural Center, 3rd Floor 322 W. Lake St; Co-sponsors: Ayada Leads, Community Power MN, East B'de Maka Ska Neighborhood Association, Make Voting a Tradition, MN Youth Collective, South Uptown Neighborhood Association, Whittier Alliance
- Ward 11: Sept. 27, 7-8 pm, candidate meet & greet 8 to 8:30 pm, Mayflower Church, 106 East Diamond Lake Road; Co-sponsors: Field Regina Northrop Neighborhood Group; Hale, Page, Diamond Lake Neighborhood Group; Tangletown Neighborhood Association; Windom Community Council; Community Power MN
- Ward 12: Sept. 13, 7 to 8 pm, candidate meet & greet from 8 to 8:30 pm, Longfellow Recreation Center, 3435 36th Ave S; Co-sponsors: Nokomis East Neighborhood Association, Longfellow Community Council, Standish-Ericsson Neighborhood Association, Make Voting a Tradition (NACDI), Ayada Leads
- Ward 13: Sept. 6, 6 to 7:30 pm, Mt. Olivet Lutheran Church, 5025 Knox Ave S; Co-sponsors: Fulton Neighborhood Association, Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association, East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood, Armatage Neighborhood Association, Kenny Neighborhood Association, Linden Hills Neighborhood Council.
All forums will also be live streamed and video recorded for later viewing. Go to the League of Women Voters Minneapolis website (lwvmpls.org) to find the link to live stream or view the recording. All candidates filing for office will be invited. LWV Minneapolis will not conduct candidate forums for any uncontested races.
Candidates will respond to questions on a wide variety of issues of concern to voters. This event is free and open to the public.
The League of Women Voters Minneapolis is cosponsoring this event with local co-sponsors to bring nonpartisan voter education to the community. LWV does not support or oppose candidates for office or political parties.
Email Questions in Advance or Submit at Event
Voters attending the forum have the opportunity to submit written questions for the candidates. The League also has an email (email@example.com) for voters to submit questions in advance. By League of Women Voter policy, the identity of the person asking the question is confidential. Any questions submitted via email will remain confidential with all identifying information removed before the event. Audience members also can submit questions in writing at the event.
View Recordings of 2023 City Council Candidate forums
Links to the recordings for all 2023 City Council candidate forums already held can be found at lwvmpls.org/for-voters/.
The League of Women Voters Minneapolis, a nonpartisan 501(c)3 political organization, encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership is open to all citizens. Membership information will also be available at the Candidate Forum.
For more information, please contact Elisabeth Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The League of Women Voters Minneapolis, a nonprofit 501(c)3 political organization, encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy. LWV does not support or oppose candidates for public office or political parties.